Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm still all about my ipod

Since I last posted on this blog, which is of no interest to anyone but me, I got a new iPod - a gift from my sweetheart. It's white, and holds what, 160 gb? I use it for lots and lots of music, but also as an excellent little USB hard drive. It holds Symantec Ghost so I can create and load disk images. It has backups of all the little software tools for Mac and PC that I need to do tech support for the computer classrooms in my department. We teach composition, tech writing, advanced rhetoric and some non-fiction courses in these classrooms. So that little 'pod is a real workhorse, with great taste in music.

With iPod taking a new, and practical, role in my life, I saw no reason not to have more than one. I had reason to want video, so I got a video iPod - black, 80 gb. Also chock full o'music, but now, with video downloads from iTunes.

It's been awhile since I posted, so, yes, there's more. My iPhone. I don't use it for music or videos. It's my camera, my organizer (I owned two Palm Pilots and never was able to use either effectively), my email and browser away from a desk. I lied about music, sort of - I run a line from its earphone jack to the auxiliary input on my car's deck and voila, Pandora while I drive. That's cool.

I like many of the new apps, but right now I'm grooving on Stanza. It's great - I'm re-reading Neal Stephenson's Baroque Trilogy tiny page by tiny page.

But the crappy little camera is really making me happy. I'll be posting pictures here now, as a little journal of my life in New Orleans.

It's the all-in-oneness that's so good.

No comments: